- I have lived in three (North America, Asia,
Europe) continents and five different states. is my least favorite part of Thanksgiving. Turkey
- I used to figure skate competitively.
- I have a scar on my chin from an ice skating fall.
- I really wish I would have kept with the ice skating.
- I love having fresh herbs in my garden, but my favorite, cilantro, I can never grow.
- I love mint juleps.
- I have never read the book “I Love You Forever” without crying or tearing up. Not once.
- I think people who dress up as clowns are odd.
- I am not the least bit superstitious.
- Oprah isn’t a show I watch but maybe a few times a year.
- I try to avoid cynical people.
- I love all cheese, but goat is my favorite.
- I am married to a wonderful, sensitive, thoughtful man whom I am more in love with today than when we got married.
- I absolutely believe the Easter story.
- I don’t know how to dive.
- I’m not that great of a swimmer.
- I once thought boating was glamorous until I spent the better half of a weekend sailing trip with my future in-laws green and sitting at the edge of the boat. I don’t like boating.
- Lilacs, hyacinths, lavender and honeysuckle are my favorite flower smells, but my favorite flowers, tulips, gerber daisies and hydrangea don’t have a smell at all.
- We don’t have any pets and I am 110% okay with this.
- I learned how to ride Western style horseback when I was 9.
- I am not athletic, but I love watching sports, except soccer.
- I was on dance squad and a pom pom girl in high school.
- I played basketball my freshman year of high school and only scored 2 points the entire season!
- I have amazingly good balance.
- I would love to learn to do calligraphy
- I own and use (for small projects) a sewing machine.
- I love to do watercolor painting.
- I made both my son’s baby food.
- I have two sons who I love with all my heart, and then love them more the next day.
- Although I tell him often, I don’t think my husband knows just how much I respect him as a father.
- I love my mother-in-law and father-in-law.
- I was a girl scout.
- I get moody when I am hungry or tired.
- I am pretty sure I could live a vegetarian lifestyle…except for bacon.
- I LOVE bacon.
- I think I enjoy watching kid’s shows on PBS as much as my 4 year old.
- My faith is supremely important to me.
- Mean spirited gossip makes me mad
- I can’t stand ignorance
- I can be very competitive, but I am not a sore loser.
- I love the Buckeyes, Indians, Browns and Cavaliers.
- My mom is one of my best friends.
- My dad was a fighter pilot in the Air Force.
- My dad died when I was 3.
- I have a wonderful stepdad.
- I lived in DC for ten years.
- I am extremely, perhaps excessively, sentimental.
- I love entertaining and playing hostess.
- My husband and I love to cook gourmet food together.
- I think I am a bit of a food snob.
- I try to eat 100% natural food.
- I don’t drink soda, but I love ice tea and lemonade, or better yet, an Arnold Palmer.
- I burn, I do not tan.
- Getting a massage is a real treat.
- I can parallel park really well.
- I can’t act to save my life.
- I am double jointed.
- I can’t sing really well, but love to do so in the car.
- Really comfy PJs make me happy.
- A couple years ago I started doing Bible Studies…I never knew how much I was missing out on by not knowing and studying the Bible.
- I think whoever invented putting chocolate and peanut butter together was brilliant.
- I think whoever invented the mint/chocolate combo is pretty smart too.
- I am not sure if I am done having children.
- I graduated from a small liberal arts college in
- I was in a sorority.
- I was a political science major.
- I actually used my poli sci major by working on Capitol Hill for 9 years.
- Nothing I learned in my poli sci classes in college really prepared me for working in Congress.
- I love the Weather Channel and I secretly wish I had trained to be a meteorologist.
- I am a recovering plan-aholic.
- I still call my mom every time I am sick, for a virtual hug.
- I love spicy food.
- I used to be a neat freak, but you would never know it seeing my toy-ridden house right now.
- I check in on my boys every night before I go to bed and just marvel at them as they sleep.
- I have never smoked or tried anything else more potent.
- No coffee for me, I am a cappuccino or tea girl.
- I love wine.
- I hate to iron.
- I am not a big shopper, but I love getting a good deal.
- I hate wearing hose/nylons, wool sweaters or anything that is the least bit itchy.
- I love clementines.
- I love going to the beach, but spend most of my time on the sand, not in the water.
- I wish I were at the beach right now.
- I love crisp, freshly washed sheets.
- I love the feeling of fresh air coming through open windows in our house after the winter ends.
- I have a very small bladder.
- I love good surprises.
- We only do fresh Christmas trees, I just love the smell.
- I used to write news stories for a CBS affiliate.
- I interned at CNN.
- I have been to the White House several times for official events and once found a way into the White House Christmas Ball.
- I love Sonoma/Napa.
- I would love to have a home garden a la Martha some day.
- I don’t have a fear of public speaking.
- I once sat in the cockpit of a 747 flying over the
- I was working on Capitol Hill on 9/11.
- Right after we were married, we moved to
to live for three months. London
- I love
- I believe life is sweet and every day is a gift.
Popeye Calzones with a green bean salad
Burgers on the Grill with pureed cauliflower and salad
Layered Taco Salad (probably tonight for an attempt to celebrate Cinco de Mayo)
Garden Pasta Salad
Thanks Shannon for having us over for dinner this week! I love having a night off from the cooking...
Have a sweet week,