Regular turkey leftovers are great, but usually after 1 plate, I'm ready to call it quits. Here are some other ways to use your leftover turkey in a more novel, make-over sort of way.
**One important note**: check out the USDA Guidelines on Leftovers, since no one wants to offer their family turkey leftovers past their prime!
Top Ten Turkey Leftovers Make-Overs:
1. Enchiladas: We have several different variations, but these Olive and Turkey (or Chicken) Enchiladas are a family favorite. Feel free to mix up the recipe with your favorite flavors!
2. Thai Wraps: Use turkey in this Thai Peanut Wrap recipe in lieu of tofu, and taste your turkey completely transformed by a delicious Thai peanut sauce.
3. Peppadew and Feta Pasta: Turkey tastes great with Italian flavors, which are bold and zesty in this recipe. Replace 1/2 or all of the sausage with turkey.
4. Slow Cooker White Chili: Our favorite white chili recipe couldn't be easier to make! Omit the chicken and add cooked turkey!
5. Curried Turkey Salad: Just like a chicken salad recipe, but with turkey...and the rich, bold and vibrant flavors of curry.
6. Quiche: Yes everyone, even real men, will eat *this* quiche. It is delicious with ham, but try it with your turkey leftovers for a new twist!
7. Taqueria Tacos: Cook your turkey leftovers in the same marinade that is used in this Carnitas recipe, and serve with corn tortillas and toppings.
8. Unique Paninis: Sure, a panini is still a sandwich, but to me it is a sandwich elevated, not just a typical turkey leftovers type of sandwich.
9. Slow Cooker Lightened Gumbo: Add turkey to this recipe and start feeling Cajun!
10. Barbecue Turkey Pizza: Why don't I have a picture for this dish on my blog? This is the boys' favorite way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Use barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce, and then layer with shredded turkey, a little corn, bell peppers and red onion. Top with cheese and once cooked, sprinkle with cilantro. Yum.
Any of these recipes will transport your turkey leftovers way beyond just regular ole' turkey and stuffing leftovers. Now my only question is: which one will you choose first?
Life is sweet,