Earth Day is coming soon and to celebrate, how about some easy homemade green products you can use to clean your home and keep your garden healthy?
1. The Ole' Stand-by: Vinegar and Water. We use roughly half water, half white vinegar for our go-to cleaner for mirrors, window and other surfaces. Yeah, it doesn't smell great, but once it is dry the smell is g-o-n-e, gone.
2. The New Favorite: Homemade Dishwasher Detergent.
Here's the new, easy recipe:
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
1/2 cup Borax (Sold at Target)
1/2 cup Washing Soda (made by Arm and Hammer, I buy it at Meijer)
1/2 cup Citric Acid (Sold at Whole Foods, I bought some through Amazon.com in bulk)
1/4 cup Kosher Salt
Mix in an airtight container. Use 1 tablespoon per load of dishes.
Since our water is hard, this is the best cleaner for our dishes, earth-friendly or not. If you have soft water, you can use 1/4 cup citric acid.
3. My I-can't-believe-it-works-so-well-even-on-delicates: Homemade Laundry Detergent
Click on the link for the recipe, which was enough for our family for five months.
4. Kitchen Hero: Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Produce Wash
I use this seemingly all day long. Click on the link for a great way to remove pesticides, residue and other gunk from your fresh produce.
5. Greener Garden Helper: Homemade Earth-Friendly Weed Preventer
It's spring and weeds are popping up along our patio, driveway and front walk. This weed killer has been a huge help! Bonus: R and G love using it which is a huge help.
There you have it; five ways you can celebrate Earth Day, everyday.
Life is sweet,