1. Mini-Cornbread Taco Bites: The ultimate appetizer/fun dinner/kid-friendly anytime dish. Customize these cute little taco bites to fit your family's tastes.
2. Sunshine Salsa: Make this salsa with any type of tomato you please, it doesn't require yellow tomatoes...but they do make the salsa look super sunshine-y, don't you think?
3. Enchilada Rotini: Basically, a deconstructed taco, served over pasta with enchilada sauce. A Sweet Pea family favorite.
4. Chipotle Taquitos: Oh how I love these. Great as an appetizer or as a lunch or light dinner. Delicious and healthy.
5. O-live Olive and Chicken Enchiladas: R's favorite enchiladas. If you have an olive-lover, they'll flip for these.
6. Apple Nachos: Ok, I admit, these are not traditional Mexican fare. But they're darn good fun with kids, and a fun twist on a Cinco de Mayo dish.
7. Taco Lasagna with Cilantro-Lime Cream: A family-friendly winner. Bonus: use the leftovers as an easy lunch.
8. Slow Cooker Vegetarian (or Chicken) Taco Soup: May on your calendar may not scream "soup weather" to you, but this dish is so easy and a year-round favorite.
9. Taqueria Asada Tacos: Make these with either beef, chicken, pork or (my favorite) mushrooms. An authentic Mexican taco!
10. Sweet Potato Enchiladas: Last, but *definitely* not least. My favorite enchilada recipe, and amazingly, kids love these too. A real crowd pleaser.
Pick one (or several!) of these healthy, delicious and fun recipes for your Cinco de Mayo or anytime Mexican meal and you're family will be shouting, "ole!"
Life is sweet,